A new defibrillator has been installed on the wall at Ludify Automotive Ltd, Unit E/F at Sycamore Drive, Honeybourne, WR11 7AE. The cost of the defibrillator was funded by the Department of Health & Social Care and Honeybourne Parish Council and will be maintained by the Parish Council. The defibrillator is accessible 24/7.
What to do?
Information on how to use the Defibrillator.
In the event of a suspected cardiac arrest, the following procedures should be followed:
- Call 999 and ask for the ambulance service.
- When asked by the operator give the telephone number from where you are calling and the location of the cabinet.
- The operator will ask a series of questions which you will need to answer to the best of your ability. This will only take a few moments and will not delay the ambulance.
- The operator will then provide you with the access code to open the cabinet ( All the Parish Council defibrillators are located inside an external cabinet and registered with the ambulance service).
- The defibrillator and resuscitation pack should be removed from the access point and the ambulance service will stay on the line and give verbal instruction if required.
- Switch on the defibrillator and it will then provide you with verbal instructions for use.
- The defibrillator cannot be used incorrectly as it will only deliver a shock to the patient if it detects it is necessary.
- There are scissors in the resuscitation pack to assist with removal of clothing and a pocket rescue breath mask for use with ventilation in CPR.
- If you are unable or unwilling to give ventilations, simply do “hands only” chest compressions.